Followers

Saturday, 19 January 2013

Captain's Cards


I’m a member of Kings Hill Golf Club and today we have our AGM, the 1st post is a card I made for  our outgoing lady captain.


1st Post Outgoing Captain Jo’s card
Last Saturday at Eileen’s Allhallows workshop (http://eileenscraftyzone.blogspot.co.uk/), we were messing about with all things stencil &paste. I used the Lavinia poppy stencil (http://laviniastamps.com/) & as soon as I made the topper I thought it would make a lovely focus for a card. 
 



Starting with the blank white craftwork card, I mat & layered a piece of white hammered card, adding ribbon to the toppers edge then matt & layered it over the hammered card using a doyley to create another layer and texture.  I added flowers, pins, gems & the craftwork sentiment & there you have it, my version of an all-white card.  I’m really pleased with this one; it came together without me changing anything.

Recipe;
My default base card is a square Craftwork 148x148 white card
White linin card from the papermill
White hammered card from the papermill
Lavinia Poppy Stencil
Dreamweaver pearlescent paste
Sentiment; craftwork cards
Flowers
Pins, doyley, gems, pinch of glamor dust & ribbon from my stash
Thanks for looking
Chris x

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Chris I'm sure she will be thrilled
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! turned out fab, nice one Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word ... what a little stunner !!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. U know sometimes it just comes together, other times you sit with a blank card forever.

    Thanks everyone for their kind words.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice result, looks great! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sue, I was really pleased with how it came out.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to look Jeanette and your very kind comment.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete