Followers

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Sweet Poppy Stencil's


2nd Post of the day, I did say we were snowed in, so might as well be in my craft room.

I’ve made 2 slightly different looking cards using the fuchsia Sweet Poppy Stencil

1st Fuchsia Stencil Card
Recipe for both;
My default base card is a square Craftwork 148x148 white card
Pink / orange / green linin base card from the papermill for matt & layering
Stencil; fuchsia from sweet-poppy
Translucent Paste from sweet-poppy
Distress Ink
Bits n bobs from my stash


 



I started by attaching the stencil onto a piece of white card using low tack tape.  I then used various distress ink pads and a piece of cut and dry to colour the image.  Remove and clean the stencil, allowing the ink to dry before once again attaching the stencil over the coloured image.  Using the translucent paste cover the image then remove the stencil and immediately clean the stencil.  While the image is still wet I used glamour dust to give the image a light coating, leave to dry, takes approx. 1 hour but I left it overnight.  I used the stencil and distress inks to randomly ‘print’ my white backing card.  Just a case of making the topper into a tag and putting it all together – job done. 
2nd Fuchsia Stencil Card
I used the same process as for no 1, but I used a Martha Stewart edge punch to give the card a different look
Hope you like my idea’s with this stencil.
Leave me a comment so I know you’ve been.
Thanks for looking.
Chris x



 

6 comments:

  1. Chris these are lovely cards. That's a cracking stencil heh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes isn't a lovely stencil, did you catch the sweet poppy show on C&C, I ordered it then and I played with it over the weekend. Not sure if we used the stencil when you can down to Eileen’s workshop, but that’s when I made the white card in January.
    Hope your keeping well and not snowed in. I’m bored with the weather now.
    Can we expect to see you anytime soon at Eileen’s workshop?
    I keep seeing my counter going up but you never know who’s been, so thanks for the comment.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris - you've been a busy bee today! Love this stencil and your cards look great. See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday Hellen, thanks for your kind comments today.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stencil and the cards here Chris.. so elegant!
    We will be using this on Saturday .. have you got the Fairy castle stencil Chris? ... if you have ....could you bring it along on Sat?...
    Many thanks Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Eileen, I haven't got the fairy castle but I will bring my stencils along (I have a few) so people can use them.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete