Followers

Sunday, 28 April 2013

Funky Flowers


I really enjoyed making this card; I watched Sam Poole on C&C a couple of weeks ago using these stamps, so I’m afraid it was yet another ‘must have’ purchase!!

I cut a piece of white card to size and created the background using distress inks, before over stamping with various textured stamps.  I stamped the corners using Sheena’s corner stamp.  I coloured and added ‘jewels’ to the cut out flowers and added them along with the sentiment using foam pads to give depth to the card.  Finally I added some embossing enamel, heat setting it for texture for the final touches.



Recipe
White base card is a square Craftwork 148x148 card
Stamps; Sam Poole – Art Flowers, Sheena Douglass – Ageing Beautifully, Tim Holtz – Stampers Anonymous
Inks; Tim Holtz  Distress inks – Brushed Corduroy, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, Crushed Olive, Pealed Paint
Frantage – Shabby White embossing enamel
Bits n pieces from my stash

Hope you like my card.
Thanks for looking, leave me a comment so I know you’ve been.

Chris x

5 comments:

  1. Love it Ma, love all the texture on the card and the finishing touch using the embossing enamel.....whoever suggested that must be a genius lol!!
    Lots of love,
    Daughts!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet,always good to do something different, I love these funky flowers.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your funky flowers too! ... This is right up my street Chris.
    Smashing work ... !
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eileen, I had the distress inks in my box for a long time before you showed me how to use them properly, so thank you ‘teach’.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete