Followers

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

A Crafty Day @ Last


At last after SO much golf I managed to get into my craft room today and make a couple of men’s cards.  I know it was the hottest day of the year so far in the South East but, I don’t know when I’ll get another full day to craft and if I can play golf in the rain, I can make cards in the heat!  
This card is for my nephew’s birthday next month, OK you’ve already guessed it’s another Sam Poole design, this time the Sherlock Holmes set.  Doesn’t take a genius to work out I’m a fan of Sam’s stamps does it!  I particularly liked these sets for men’s cards.  The photo frame is from another of her sets called Vintage Photography, the wording fitted perfectly.  I can see I will get lots of use from these sets always a bonus when money has been invested!
Recipe;
Card used; Crafters Companion Neenah classic ultra-smooth & Black Card Stock
Stamps; Sam Poole – Sherlock Holmes & Vintage Photography Sets
Distress Inks; Tea Die
Paper; Bo Bunny
 
Brothers Birthday Card
I so enjoyed using Sam Poole’s Wise Friends stamps last week, I couldn’t resist making another card, this time for my brother. Some different stamps from the set this time but basically the same layout, promise to be more imaginative next time I use the owl set. 
 
Recipe;
Card used; Crafters Companion Neenah classic ultra-smooth & Black Card Stock
Stamps; Sam Poole - Wise Friends
Creative Expressions; Deep Red Texture Paste   
Distress Inks; spiced marigold
Ali Reeves; Button Mask

 

8 comments:

  1. These are fab Ma, love em!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice mens cards, they are not easy to make for are they, but you seem to have cracked it here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great cards, Chris. It is nice to see some for the men!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mens cards! Love the layouts and colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strong, attractive designs Chris.. just what we need for the MEN!
    Hot again today but some rain so are you golfing?
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Moira, Janet, Wendy and Eileen for your kind comments.
    No golf today Eileen, I'm planning to go back to my craft room for a little while.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant cards Chris - I'm a huge fan of Sam Poole's stamps. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have some great stamps doesn't she, I've got quiet a few of her sets. I'm currently in my 'Sam phase' funny how you get into making a certain type of card. x

      Delete