Followers

Saturday, 22 June 2013

Second Post Of The Week!


I make no excuses for still being in my Sam Poole phase, this time using her Enchanted Tree’s stamps.  I see this set as being more for masculine cards but thought I would try for a more feminine card, I think it works, what do you think? I used the card Sam made on C&C for inspiration.

Distressed background, then after dusting with an antistatic bag I inked and embosses the big tree with detail clear embossing powder, I then added cosmic shimmer pearl PVA berry red to the tree mat and layering onto lilac cardstock.
 

Recipe;
Card used; Crafters Companion Neenah classic ultra-smooth, Papermill lilac card
Stamps; Sam Poole – Enchanted Tree  
Distress Inks; Milled Lavender, Tattered Rose, Stormy Sky
Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA Berry Red
Bits n pieces from my stash to finish off
  

6 comments:

  1. Lovely colours Chris, definitely feminine, but I can see this as a man's card in different colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet, good to do something a bit different. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Caz, such a nice tree!! xx

      Delete
  4. Love the colours you have used for the background Chris ... fabulous stamp too!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, very similar to the 1 that Sam did, hers was so good I couldn't improve on it. Will try to do something else another day.
      Chris x

      Delete