Followers

Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Gone Fishing…..


Now I know your all thinking, ‘wot no golf again, blimey she’s only made another blooming card’!  That’s 4 this month + a workshop.  Played golf yesterday and will be again on Saturday, even an addict like me needs to sit down and craft sometimes….. lol

I digress, fishy card; months ago now I bought some stamps from the talented Ryn (Designs by Ryn ~ Rubber Stamps) but just haven’t got round to using them until now.  I complained on fb that I had no fish and the lovely Rae Fairefoxes Dalal sent me the large fish I used on this card. (http://fairefoxes.blogspot.co.uk/)

Started by distressing the background then added the sea weed, kelp etc then added the fish.  I used cosmic shimmer powder to colour the large fish, you can’t really see it but they look really pearly with a lovely shine, added the water drops again using cosmic shimmer powders, lastly I added a couple of gems for bubbles.  Took a bit of time, but I’m pleased with the result.  

                
Recipe;
Card used; Crafters Companion Neenah classic ultra-smooth cardstock, papermill direct teal card stock
Stamps; Clarity – fish stamps
Stamps; Design by Ryn – Seaweed, Kelp, Circle Cluster & water droplets
Distress Inks;  faded jeans, weathered wood, stormy sky, tumbled Glass, peeled paint, shabby shutters & Victorian velvet
From my stash; cosmic shimmer powders, gems
I read all the comments, so thanks for looking today. xx


7 comments:

  1. Great card Chris! Glad you found some time to craft in your schedule, enjoy the golf :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - not half bad for a golf addict!!! Lol.... Glad to see you have had chance to use the feeshy!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous stuff Chris ... I can see it took time but worth every minute.
    Love the new blog background too!or have I just missed seeing it before?
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for stopping by, thought if I left it much longer to use the fish stamp Rae gave me, she would demand it back... lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Fin-Tastic Ma!! Glad you found the time to make your fishy card, I love it!! :o)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Chris. I love the way you've built it up, the effect is very shimmery and watery xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, I love Ryn's stamps x

      Delete